Tuesday, December 07, 2004

The beauty in the world

OK, I've been rather, as Kerri says: "Debbie downer" today, so I thought I'd end my blogging today on a happier note.

New direction for the soc salon: we're (amy and i, the army of two) are thinking about expanding it to include poetry reading, movie nights, "debriefings" at I-Hop at 1 am, etc. Possibilities anyway. We might even try a direct action project following in the footsteps on one of our favorite magazines, "AdBusters" and do something on campus like a poster or a collage or something that tries to counter through images the dehumanization of others. We'll see what happens.

Also the word is getting OUT about the salon and more and more people (strangers) are coming up to me asking that they get an invite. COOL!

The energy in the air right now is one of hope. There is anger and frustration, yes, but also activism and concern which is great. That and the leaves changing colors always makes me happy. I could do with a little less wind though. A walk on the beach. A jog on the beach. A vacation, yeah!

My favorite thing to do has always been to jog on the beach in the rain because NO ONE likes to be at the beach in the rain. Well I DO. One of the most gorgeous sights I've ever seen has been lying beneath a canopy of trees watching the rain fall on the beach at the same time the sun was setting. Gorgeous. I miss the ocean badly. But hey, here you can see the stars and the mountains. I'm going to go light some sandalwood incense and have a cup of french vanilla tea and read my book by candlelight. I'm also gonna drag Amy back to our "yoga dates" over the break and perhaps the meditation group as well. She just doesn't know it yet. :) Ha ha. Evil mastermind plotting again. You really gotta spread the love though and not the fear because each one of us really do contribute to the beauty of the world. May you be at peace. May you have in abundance, that which truly nourishes your soul. May you love life with as much passion as others hate it and then some. Much love! Happy happy jen. Namaste.

"And it's never too late, to start the day over
Never too late to pick up the phone
It's never too late, to lay your head down on my shoulders
Never too late to come on home"--Michael Franti/Spearhead "Never Too Late"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home