Wednesday, December 01, 2004

What did you hope to learn about here?

It is interesting how different perceptions of you can be. A friend of mine today said that if someone had to judge me purely on the emails I sent, they'd think I was a "total nihilist." So I thought I'd look that word up to see if it applies:

nihilism: (noun) 1. (a) the denial of the existence of any basis of knowledge or truth
(okay, maybe this fits but I'm not so sure, so I'll keep reading) (b). the general rejection of customary beliefs in morality, religion etc. (yeah, I think that fits) 2. the belief that there is no meaning or purpose in existence (I disgree with this) 3. (Politics) the doctrine that existing social, political and economic institutions must be completely destroyed in order to make way for new institutions. (well, replacing the current systems WOULD be nice but only with something more humane).

To further your education in nihilism check out some of my favorite comics. I love comics that are pleasantly subversive so check out the boondocks comics and the comics by Mark Fiore.
Do I need to follow Kerri's example and just introduce myself as "a pinko commie bastard?"
Is that a title or a disclaimer? peace!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home